The New York Times Travel published an article on 52 places to travel in 2020 and two of those destinations are offered by Green Edventures Tours, can you guess which wild and off-the-beaten path places made it to their list?
This is a great list to help you start dreaming of destinations. Let us know if there is anywhere on this list you would like to see Green Edventures take our women’s adventure program or educational tours to in the future. In the meantime, I was happy to see we were slightly ahead of The New York Times since we already have 2 of our 9 destinations listed!
Number 30 on the New York Times Travel List is Uganda, Africa.
NYT author Vivian Song describes Uganda as a place for people to see primates. “Uganda is one of the world’s primate capitals, with 15 species (four of which are endangered) and the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, a renowned mountain gorilla sanctuary. The UNESCO World Heritage Site, in southwestern Uganda, is home to roughly half the world’s mountain gorillas.”
True, people come to Uganda for the mountain gorilla trekking, but they fall in love with the diverse landscapes from mountains to savannahs, and historic waterways like the Nile and Lake Victoria. Uganda is greater than the great apes. It is a birders paradise and you have the chance to see Africa’s Big 5 which include rhinoceros, leopard, elephant, cape buffalo, and tree climbing lions. Our travelers love the people of Uganda, too. They are happy and welcoming to “Muzungus” or foreigners. Green Edventures offers safaris in Uganda in partnership with International Becoming an Outdoors Woman and local guides in Uganda. We help contribute to Mountain Gorilla conservation and environmental education for school children.
To find inspiration for your travel dreams, read the full article by the New York Times here: The New York Times Travel Article
You can learn more about our Uganda Safaris and Women’s Adventure April 19-30, 2020 in Uganda here: Uganda Wildlife Safari with Gorilla Trekking
Available NOW! (updated 1/11/2020)
- April 19-30, 2020 (12 days) Uganda Wildlife Safari with Gorilla Trekking in partnership with BOW. ( 5 spots)
- May 5-15, 2020 (11 days) Tanzania Wildlife Safari + Serengeti Camp in partnership with BOW. (4 spots)
- July 22-31, 2020 (10 days) Iceland South Coast Multi-Sport with Thorsmork Valley Hike (Save $200 by Jan 15th)
- June 18-25, 2020 (8 days) Trinidad & Tobago Rainforest to Reefs + Leatherback Sea Turtles (Save $100 by Jan 15th)
- August 2-8, 2020 (7 days) Iceland Laugavegur Trek (Save $100 by Jan 15th)
- August 20-31, 2020 (12 days) Galapagos Islands Explorer (Save $100 by Feb 15th)
Trips for Men & Women
March 10-17, 2020 Baja Sea of Cortez Snorkeling Wildlfie Safari (4/10 spots)